Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Wired cities, livable cities, and "rooted cosmpolitans"

I had the pleasant opportunity to speak on the topic of "livable cities and wired cities" as part of the UW-Madison Humanities Center "Rooted Cosmopolitans" speaker series tonight. The venue was appropriate: the Central Library in downtown Madison. I shared the stage with the smart and funny Mike Ivey from the Capital Times, and met a bunch of movers and shakers in both Madison and Milwaukee technology policy (unfortunately, Mayor Dave had to leave before I could shake his hand). Sounds like I'm gushing a bit but it was fun to serve as a public intellectual for an inquisitive audience. If you're finding this blog as a consequence of that talk, hope you enjoyed the event and if there are points you'd like to continue to discuss, feel free to comment on this post. If you missed the talk but want to see some of the charts I used and points I raised, my slides are posted on the web.

No comments: